Classifieds submitted through Simply Local Online are governed under the following Terms of Service.
- Classifieds may be placed on SimplyLocalOnline.com, Simply Local community television channels, WSVA Tag Sale or Trading Post under the supervision and management of Shentel Service Company.
- Advertisers must be at least 18 years old to place a classified ad.
- Shentel will reject any ad containing words, phrases or items it considers inappropriate or misleading.
- Shentel will not post personal ads, or public or legal notices on SimplyLocalOnline.com.
- Shentel reserves the unconditional right to limit or refuse any ads submitted for publication.
- Shentel assumes no liability, implied or otherwise, for the content that appears in these ads. All ads are presented "as is."
- Shentel is not responsible for typos, corrections or other modifications in any ad copy that is entered by an online or TV classified advertiser. The person placing the ad assumes full responsibility to ensure accurate presentation of advertising information.
- Once posted, ads will run for 30 days. Shentel reserves the right to determine the run schedule of any ad, and may change the run schedule without notice.
- Shentel reserves the right to cancel any ad without notice.
- Multiple copies of any ad will not be published. Online classified ads may not be copied for republication, either online or on paper, without express permission from Shentel.
- Shentel reserves all rights to any and all online classified ad content published on SimplyLocalOnline.com.
- Shentel reserves the right to discontinue the online classified advertising service at any time.
- Shentel reserves the unconditional right to limit or refuse any ads submitted for publication. Shentel reserves the right to refuse ads from parties who, in the judgment of Shentel agents, have violated the policies set forth in this policy statement.
- By agreeing to use the service, any online user indicates agreement to abide by the policies as set forth in this policy statement, and furthermore releases Shentel from any liability or claims of damage as a result of using this service.
- Equal Housing Opportunity: All advertisements for the sale or rental of dwelling units published on SimplyLocalOnline.com and Simply Local television channels are subject to the Federal Fair Housing Act, which makes it illegal to advertise "any preference, limitation, or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin, or intention to make any such preference, limitation, or discrimination." State law forbids discrimination based on factors in addition to those protected under federal law. SimplyLocalOnline.com and Simply Local television channels will not knowingly accept any advertising for real estate which is in violation of the law. All persons are hereby informed that all dwellings advertised are available on an equal opportunity basis.
For information on online scams visit http://www.ftc.gov/